Documentary filmed on Oulart Hill dealing with a sense of space, death and memory
Buried in Light is a short poetic documentary dealing with a sense of space, death and memory. It was filmed in Oulart Hill in Co. Wexford, Ireland. It commemorates the 1798 rebellion. Tulach a’ tSolais monument was designed by the esteemed architect Ronald Tallon and sculptor Michael Warren. It opens up the land and joins contemporary architectural design with ancient burial traditions to create a concrete tomb that solidifies the past. The mound serves the local community as a memorial and artefact that brings together the past and present. It too is a physical reminder of death, and how the living deal with loss.
- Belfast Film Festival 2013
- Dingle Fim Festival 2013
- Kerry Film Festival 2013
- Corona Cork Film Festival 2012
- Nominated for Radharc Awards 2012
- Special Mention for the Claire Lynch Award for Best New Director.
- Installation at Design Architecture 2012